Jurnalul de Chirurgie
 Jurnalul de chirurgie
Aparitie trimestriala in a doua luna a trimestrului
Published quarterly in the second month of the quarter
ISSN: 1584 - 9341 Vol.10 Nr.3 - Iulie-Septembrie 2014 | sâmbătă, 23 martie 2019
ISSN: 1584 - 9341 Vol.10 No.3 - July-September 2014
English
British Flag| Romana Romanian Flag
 
Creditare EMC
Colegiul Medicilor
Va invitam sa va inregistrati/abonati la Jurnalul de chirurgie pentru a beneficia de creditare EMC
User

Parola

Tine minte
Ti-ai uitat parola?
Syndicate

Advertisement

Elmed

Estima

Liamed

Listare E-mail

HEREDITY IN POLYPOSIS COLORECTAL CANCER
Elena Dajbog1, L.P. Lefter1,2, V. Scripcariu1,2, C. Dragomir1,2
1 Third Department of Surgery, „St. Spiridon” Hospital Iasi
2 Research Center in Oncologic Surgery
University of Medicine and Pharmacie „Gr.T. Popa” Iasi
Jurnalul de chirurgie 2006; 2 (1):6-18
Full text: Format PDF (Romanian)

Abstract:

The aetiology of colorectal cancer is heterogeneous, with environment or genetics playing varying key roles. About 80% of patients with colorectal cancer seem to have sporadic disease with no evidence of having inherited the disorder. In the remaining 20%, there seems to be a potentially definable genetic component.

Evidence for a genetic contribution to colorectal cancer includes increased risk of colorectal malignancy in persons with a family history and familial aggregation of colorectal cancer consistent with autosomal dominant inheritance. In the past decade, germline genetic mutations conferring high lifetime risk of colorectal cancer in carriers have been found, accounting for 5%–6% of all colorectal cancer cases.

Other gene mutations, some with lower lifetime risks, are continuing to be characterized. The translation into clinical practice of genetic discoveries related to hereditary colorectal cancer continues apace, primarily through improved risk assessment by genetic testing.

This review analyzes succinctly the most encountered colorectal cancer genetic syndromes of familial adenomatous polyposis and the current availability of genetic tests, describing indications for use of genetic tests in the hereditary colorectal cancer.

KEYWORDS: COLORECTAL CANCER, POLYPOSIS.

Correspondence: Liviu Lefter, Third Department of Surgery, „St. Spiridon” Hospital Iaşi, Independenţei Street, no. 1, Iaşi, 700111, Romania, E-mail:



: Creative Commons License
Jurnalul de chirurgie [Journal of Surgery] by Editorial Board, Department of Surgery University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iasi, E. Tarcoveanu, R. Moldovanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.jurnaluldechirurgie.ro.